Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Kind of Crazy

Tonight, the eve of my boyfriend and I's second month of courting, was probably the best night I've ever spent with any single person. You always see those super romantic things that those couples do in all the chick flick-y movies but outside the TV screen, you don't really hear of them. Tonight, Wesley and I took a walk through a beautiful summer meadow... in the pouring rain. The path was covered in puddles, the trees were dripping raindrops, and our hands were slipping apart  in the downpour. We took refuge under this porch roof of an on-property smokehouse. He sat on this firewood box and I sat on the ground between his legs and I remember looking around and seeing no one else. The rain, the crickets chirping, the sun setting, the puddles, the mud - it was all just for us, our own private scene of perfection. And as the acidic rain softened our skin and curled our hair, I knew with each glance at his soft blue eyes that this evening was ours and no one could take it from us. When our lips finally met, I knew he was The One.

Now that the Yuck Fest is over, you'll be glad to know that Wes and I  aren't always like this... so don't expect Taylor Swift entries too often. But, when it happens,  I'll be sure to let you know,  that way you lady readers know what you deserve and you gentleman readers know what you should be doing.